Let Us Pray2 Chronicles 20:12
YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
We thank God for who He is and for all He has done through and in us. We are reminded in His Word that we are indeed the light of the world and if we are the light of the world, a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden (Matthew 5:14). As the salt of the earth we must have an unseen influence and as the Light of the world, we must have an influence that attracts. “But if the salt loses its flavour, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men” (Matthew 5:13). Therefore, our light must shine before men, that they may see our good works and glorify not us, but our Father in heaven (Matthew 5:16).
We are thankful to God for the move of the Holy Spirit during our National Convocation. As the body of Christ, for us to be effective in our communities, churches and nations, there is a prerequisite for unity amongst us at every level of leadership. Our focus during the National Convocation, in Leadership & Discipleship, Evangelism, Harvest and Prayer must be sharpened by the Spirit of God, to enable us to carry out the great commission (Mark 16:15) energising us for community engagement.
We reflect on the message of our National Presiding Bishop in the welcome of our National Convocation; “Our light must shine, through the cutting edge of our prophetic preaching, teaching and practical demonstration of love. We must therefore strive to become even more united for our purpose than ever before”. Therefore, we must make a difference in our world and cities, but to do this our focus must shift to harvesting, evangelism and prayer.
In line with the National Directive, our focus for this month is on harvesting (missions, evangelism and outreach). Our primary responsibility, both individually and collectively is to reach the lost. As the body of Christ our response, purpose and goal is to unite together, to reach out to those beyond our church walls. Reports from our Regional Overseers on the area of evangelism demonstrates that we are to be a church without walls. For example, it was reported that over the past two year(s):
- There have been 710 new converts
- 84 outreach activities have taken place across the nation
- Social action activities have been developed across our churches within the UK
- 2 new churches have been planted
- 82 cell groups are reported
We continue to reach out to those who are un-churched; those within diverse cultures; those who have no hope, knowing that we are the salt and light of the world.
- Children and Youth: As our children and youth prepare to return to their relevant schools, colleges and universities, we pray that the God of heaven will raise up anointed young people that will lead their peers to know the way of the Lord. We pray that God will raise up evangelists filled with the power of the Holy Spirit, impacting their communities (Isaiah 61:1-2). We declare that our children and youth in the Babylon of today will turn from their wicked ways, (2 Chronicles 7:14) taking a stand for truth and holiness and will not compromise (Daniel 1:8). God, pour out Your Spirit on our sons and daughters that they will see dreams and visions and prophecy (Joel 2:28).
- Worship and Music: During the Convocation, our National Presiding Bishop spoke eloquently regarding the development of releasing worship and music ministers to operate full time in this call and area of office within the Church of God of Prophecy. There are many music and worship ministers within our churches who have composed worship choruses and songs, but have not made these known locally, regionally, nationally or internationally. Martin Luther says that “music is the art of the prophets, the only art that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us”. Elisha said 15 But now bring me a musician.” Then it happened, when the musician played, that the hand of the Lord came upon him (2 Kings 3:15).
We therefore pray, that the hand of the Lord will come upon every music and worship minister within the Church of God of Prophecy that through revelation, new music and worship will arise that is filled with truth and passion. We declare an opened door for ministry opportunities for worship and music ministers to evangelise within the community served. We pray against the stronghold of fear that cripples so many of our ministries stepping into what God has deposited in them in Jesus Name.
- Harvest of souls: The Church of God of Prophecy is united for purpose and that purpose is for the harvesting of souls. Therefore, we pray that we will be a church that will unite together and travail for souls of all ages, gender and race to be won into the Kingdom of God. Isaiah 66:8 declares: “…For as soon as Zion was in labour, she gave birth to her children”. There must be a period of travailing before the manifestation of spiritual birth. We pray that as the body of Christ, we will travail for the souls of men and women, that the veil of blindness to the gospel be unveiled and that the light of salvation is seen. “For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light” (Psalm 36:9).
- Leadership: We pray for our National Presiding Bishop and the National Leadership Team in their appointed positions for the Church of God of Prophecy UK. We pray that God will grant wisdom and direction, keeping them humble and always relying upon the Holy Spirit for perfect wisdom and direction. We pray that our leaders across our churches will demonstrate the spirit of Solomon. When he was to become king, he prayed only for God’s wisdom and because of his humility He granted even more than wisdom (1 Kings 3:11-13). We pray that unity will prevail amongst every national leader in Jesus Name (Psalm 133:1).
- To the only wise God: 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen (Jude 1:24-25).
- National Events: Please be praying for the following:
- Ministerial Review Board: 7th Sept & 26th September
- National Finance & Governance Conference: 23rd September
- Timothy School of Ministries: 7th – 8th October
- Region 1 North Convocation: 20th-22nd October
- Youth Encounter:10th – 12th November
Pastor Heather Cunningham
National Prayer Director
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Contact Our Prayer Director