Let Us PrayPray without ceasing. 1 Th 5:17
National Prayer Movement
‘Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven’ (Matthew 6:9-10). We are thankful to our Creator for this journey so far in 2017. We are now in the 3rd month of the year and prayer is very much the agenda and heartbeat of our churches. There have been many cases of weekly and bi-weekly prayer meetings, weekly prayer lines remaining open and much more. Through the power of prayer, we stand assured and confident that the enemy will be defeated through the prayers of the saints. Our prayers will defeat the schemes of the enemy because God has given us the authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over the power of the adversary. Nothing shall hurt us (Luke 10:19).
Over the past few months we have seen worldwide issues that as a church we need to continue to be praying about. For example, the Brexit vote, the serious threat of World War III following Donald Trump’s election and his US immigration ban. Commentators fear that people are losing faith in globalisation, which could result in a new global conflict. But, there is nothing impossible for God! We know that the ‘effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much’ (James 5:16). Lord let Your will be done as we stand united in purpose and as we saturate our local communities, regions, cities and global economy in prayer. In line with our National Directive, we continue to focus on the area of ‘Development’, praying that ‘Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done’ in this respective area.
- All bishops, pastors, ministers, leaders and the laity will have a united approach to personal disciplines in prayer and fasting. We are reminded in His word that we can be confident in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, He hears us. (1 John 5:14). Only when we dedicate ourselves in a time of committed prayer and fasting, and equally turn from our unpleasing ways, we will hear from heaven. Only then will God forgive our sins and heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14).
- Let us pray for the continual training and development of all bishops, pastors, ministers and ministry leaders across the UK. Let us also pray for trainee pastors, pastoral internships, senior and associate pastors, and mentor pastors. May we all be open to receive God’s divine revelation in the respective area(s) of ministry and appointed positions within The Church of God of Prophecy. Through training and development, Jesus learnt obedience from what he suffered (Hebrews 5:8). Jesus also grew in wisdom (intellectually) and stature (physically), and in favour (spiritually) with God and men (socially) – Luke 2:52. He also developed as a servant leader through personal discipline, through reverent submission (Hebrews 5:7). For 30 years, Jesus was actively preparing and developing for his brief public ministry. We therefore pray that our leadership will adopt a Christ-like approach to personal development, ministry knowledge and skills learning.
- There has been much focus on the California weather bomb. It has been the biggest storm in years, bringing torrential rain and floods which has killed at least 4 people. Cars have also been caught in street flooding in Southern California. Power cuts have hit 150,000 households and hundreds of homes have been evacuated. Evacuation orders have been issued in the city of Duarte, in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains (in East Los Angeles) and in parts of Camarillo Springs in Ventura County. It was reported that 10 trillion gallons of rain would fall on California within a week, which is enough to power Niagara Falls for 154 days. The wind is likely to be the strongest within the last six years. Despite this, we are assured that “He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him”. (Luke 8:25). Therefore, let us intercede for the people and the families of California, that God will bring deliverance, comfort and peace in the time of storm.
- Pray for our Local, Regional and National Evangelism strategy. Let us pray for individuals to be equipped in the area of evangelism across The Church of God of Prophecy, so that evangelism will become the focal point of the church. We pray that evangelism leaders and teams will rise up and fulfil the purpose assigned to them through the divine leading of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, ‘we pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into His harvest’ (Matthew 9:37-38).
- National Events: Please be praying for the following National Events:
- Timothy School of Ministries – the first Saturday in each month
- European Children’s Connect Conference – Germany – 2nd – 4th March 2017
- Region Four Convocation -10th – 12th March at COGOP Aberdeen Street
- European Elder’s Conference – March 2017)
- Region Four Children’s Convention – 1st April 2017
- Life Conference for Youth – 17th – 19th March 2017 at COGOP Nechells
- Region 5 Convention – 8th -9th April 2017 at The University of Sheffield
- Corporate Convocation – 25th – 27th August, 2017
Pastor Heather Cunningham
National Prayer Director
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Contact our director